San Francisco @ Chicago
Last season’s records: Chicago 6-11; San Francisco 10-7
What there is to know
The San Francisco 49ers and Chicago Bears have been tied since December 2016 (2-2), but not for long. San Francisco and the Bears open their 2022 seasons against each other at 1 p.m. ET Sunday at Soldier Field. After going 10-7 in the regular season, the 49ers reached the conference championship last year, but lost to the Los Angeles Rams 20-17. On the other hand, Chicago missed the playoffs completely last season and are expecting a strong start.
A pair of stats from last season to keep in mind while watching: San Francisco was the best in forced fumbles, finishing the 2021 season with 22. Less enviable, few teams have thrown more interceptions than Chicago , which was chosen 20 times. The good news for Chicago, of course, is that those forces working against them might not carry over into the new season.
The 49ers have the odds in their favor, so they will need to guard against complacency. These early season matchups can go both ways when both teams get back into shape.
How to watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Soldier Field – Chicago, IL
- TV: FOX
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports app
The 49ers are a solid 7-point favorite against the Bears, according to the latest NFL odds.
See NFL picks for every game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get choices now.
San Francisco has won three of its last five games against Chicago.
- October 31, 2021 – San Francisco 33 vs. Chicago 22
- December 23, 2018 – Chicago 14 vs. San Francisco 9
- December 03, 2017 – San Francisco 15 vs. Chicago 14
- December 04, 2016 – Chicago 26 vs. San Francisco 6
- December 06, 2015 – San Francisco 26 vs. Chicago 20