Since early April, sports betting in Ontario has been booming and now that DraftKings Ontario is taking bets (it launched on May 18) the market is really starting to heat up.
With the NFL season underway and Toronto’s adopted team, the Buffalo Bills, looking to be in the AFC class, now is a great time to sign up for DraftKings Ontario.
DraftKings, which is available in 17 US states, is considered one of the best sportsbooks in the business. DraftKings has long been lauded for its excellent mobile app and live betting options.
The DraftKings Ontario app is now available for download in the App Store and Google Play Store. The DraftKings Ontario mobile app has a 4.8 rating in the App Store and a 4.6 rating in the Google Play Store.
How to register for DraftKings Ontario
It’s great news that DraftKings Sportsbook Ontario is now available. We tell you how to get started. The first thing to know is that bettors must be at least 19 years old to bet on DraftKings Ontario.
Users must also be located within the province and the geolocation software will confirm your location upon registration. What should also be noted is that under Ontario iGaming law, sports bettors in Ontario will be required to Register on the DraftKings Ontario website or betting app to view all DraftKings Ontario welcome offers.
Here’s how to register for DraftKings Ontario:
- Create an account by filling in your personal information: Name, date of birth, address and the last 4 digits of your social insurance number
- Create a unique username and password
- Sign up to see all special offers for new users
- Make your first deposit of at least $5
- Activate your new user offer i>
- Make your first bet
What we love about DraftKings Ontario
DraftKings Ontario looks and feels exactly like its American counterpart and this consistency is a hallmark of the DraftKings Ontario app. We love the green and black color scheme that makes the betting lines stand out. You won’t have any trouble finding what you’re looking for at all, and that can’t be said of other apps. Here are a few other things we love about DraftKings Ontario:
- Low minimum deposit: DraftKings Ontario has the lowest minimum deposit in the industry, making it ideal for punters of all types
- Tons of markets: You will have a hard time finding a bookmaker with more options; Want to bet on darts? Check. Handball? Check.
- Live betting: Live betting is all the rage and DraftKings Ontario does it better than almost any other book we’ve tested. Ratings refresh instantly.
- Sportsbook/Casino app integration: It’s a big. It may not look like it, but switching between a three-card poker hand and NFL betting spreads is very convenient. This is not an option in many other sportsbooks.
Is DraftKings DFS available in Ontario?
While DraftKings Sportsbook is now legal and live in Ontario, DraftKings Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) has been unavailable since April 1, as the company stopped offering the service in preparation for the launch of its sportsbook.
There are two reasons why DraftKings is ending DFS in Ontario: First, Ontario iGaming laws prohibit DFS players from competing against players outside of Ontario. Additionally, Ontario has restrictive fees and taxes on Daily Fantasy Sports. It should be noted that rival FanDuel has also pulled DFS, despite being live for sports betting in Ontario.
Now that DraftKings Ontario sports betting is taking bets, the sting of not having DFS is lessened a bit.
Launch of the sports betting market in Ontario
Sports betting in Ontario is legal during the NFL season for the first time and you can bet on the Buffalo Bills, who are the favorites to win Super Bowl 57. DraftKings also offers one of the best online casinos in the game. ‘Ontario.
And that’s just the beginning of what makes DraftKings Ontario so amazing. There’s nothing left to say but sign up and start discovering what millions of bettors around the world already know, DraftKings Ontario is arguably the best bookmaker in the business! Sign up today by clicking the link below!